Wednesday, September 12, 2012

HISTORY LESSON DEMOCRATS DENY AND IGNORE

On May 9, 1939, Henry Morgenthau, Jr., Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s secretary of the treasury, (after unemployment again topped 20% in May) was feeling helpless. After almost two full terms of Roosevelt and the New Deal, here are Morgenthau’s startling words---his confession---spoken candidly before his fellow Democrats on the House Ways and Means Committee:

“We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong . . . somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises. I say after eight years of this Administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started. . And an enormous debt to boot.”

Tim Geithner could appropriately use this speech today and certainly repeat it in 2016 if Obama is re-elected.

Northwoods Patriots - Standing up for Faith, Family, Country - northwoodspatriotscomm@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment