Wednesday, December 26, 2012

WHO'S CHICKEN OVER THE FISCAL CLIFF???

Obama plays chicken with economic catastrophe
Freedom Outpost - Tim Brown – 12/24/2012
A letter was sent to Capitol Hill by acting Commissioner for the Internal Revenue Service Steven Miller urging for serious contemplation by legislatures of the consequences of going over the cliff.
The letter reads in part:
As you know, the exemption amount for the AMT is not indexed to inflation. As a result, Congress has in the past enacted temporary patches to ensure that the AMTs reach does not unintentionally expand to more taxpayers at lower income levels.
The most recent AMT patch, and the exemption amounts of $74,450 for joint filers and $48,450 for single taxpayers, expired at the end of 2011. For 2012, the current-law AMT exemption amounts are much lower: $45,000 for joint filers and $33,750 for single taxpayers. This means that, absent enactment of a new patch in the near future, nearly 30 million additional taxpayers will become subject to the AMT on their 2012 income tax returns.
As I stated in my letter dated November 13, 2012, the IRS has maintained the programming of its systems assuming that the AMT will be patched as it has been in previous years. I also indicated that if an AMT patch is not enacted by the end of this year, the IRS would need to make significant programming changes to conform our systems to reflect the expiration of the patch. In that event, given the magnitude and complexity of the changes needed, I want to reiterate that most taxpayers may not be able to file their 2012 tax returns until late in March of 2013, or even later.
This situation would create two significant problems: lengthy delays of tax refunds and unexpectedly higher taxes for many taxpayers, who will be unaware that they are newly subject to AMT liability. Moreover, if Congress were to act at some point next year to enact a new AMT patch, the time and substantial expense necessary for the IRS to reprogram its systems to reflect expiration of the patch would ultimately be wasted.
As we consider the impact of the current policy uncertainty on the upcoming tax filing season, it is becoming apparent that an even larger number of taxpayers – 80 to 100 million of the 150 million total returns expected to be filed – may be unable to file.
Meanwhile, it’s Christmas and Obama, as usual, is not taking seriously his office as he and his family are off in Hawaii.
READER COMMENT:
Obama's Psalm
"Obama is my shepherd, I shall be in want.
He leadeth me beside the still factories,
He maketh me to lie down on park benches,
He restoreth my doubts about the Democrat party,
He guideth me onto the paths of unemployment for the party's sake.
I do fear the evildoers, for thou talkst about them constantly.
Thy tax cuts for the rich and thy deficit spending They do discomfort me.
Thou anointeth me with never-ending debt,
And my savings and assets shall soon be gone.
Surely poverty and hard living shall follow me,
And my jobless children shall dwell in my basement forever."

Northwoods Patriots - Standing up for Faith, Family, Country - northwoodspatriotscomm@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment