Tuesday, August 21, 2012

MINIMUM WAGE LAWS CAUSES UNEMPLOYMENT

How Government Creates (Teen) Unemployment
Godfather Politics – Gary DeMar – 8/182012
By making it illegal to pay someone less than a government-mandated minimum wage, those with less experience are at a disadvantage. Employing teenagers is now a classic Catch-22 challenge.
“Do you have experience?,” the shop owner asks.
“No, but I’m willing to work at a lower wage to gain experience.”
“Sorry,” the shop owner says. “I would be breaking the law if I hired you for any amount less than the minimum wage. I can hire someone with experience at the same wage I’d have to pay you.”
“But I can’t get experience if you won’t hire me.”
“Tough luck. Write your congressman.”
Once again, government is the problem not the solution to job growth.
Northwoods Patriots - Standing up for Faith, Family, Country - northwoodspatriotscomm@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment