The 10 Commandments of Political Warfare for the Romney CampaignNorthwoods Patriots - Standing up for Faith, Family, Country - firstname.lastname@example.org
Townhall – Steve Deace – 9/22/2012
Interesting article on possible strategy for true conservative campaigns
OBAMA HAS ALINSKY’S RULES FOR RADICALS; ROMNEY MIGHT USE DEACE’S 10 COMMANDMENTS
The 10 Commandments of Political Warfare for the Romney Campaign
http://townhall.com/columnists/stevedeace/2012/09/22/the_10_commandments_of_political_warfare_for_the_romney_campaign/page/full/ Townhall – Steve Deace – 9/22/2012
President Obama clearly has the momentum right now, but he still has inherent weaknesses as a candidate his record of failure will not allow him to overcome. That’s why he’s running instead on who he wants the American people to think Romney is—the very stereotypical rich, elitist, Wall Street/K-Street Republican tycoon most of them can’t stand.
The Romney Campaign has been playing right into the president’s hands. Romney needs a plan to turn the tables on Obama, and turn some of his own perceived weaknesses into strengths while putting the president back on the defensive. This week I offer the Romulans a plan to do exactly that, with a battle plan I use every night on my show to advance my principles and that I have used to help numerous candidates and causes over the past few years.
1. Never trust Republicrats.
2. Never attack what you’re not willing to kill.
3. Never accept the premise of your opponent’s argument.
4. Never surrender the moral high ground.
5. Reverse the premise of your opponent’s argument and use it against him.
6. Never, abandon your base (unless they are morally wrong).
7. Define your opponent before they define themselves & define yourself before your opponent defines you.
8. Always make your opponent defend their record and/or their belief system.
9. Stay on message.
10. Play offense.